Description: Recombinant Human ACE2 Protein(H374N, and H378N)
Product: Recombinant protein of the extracellular domain (Gln18-Asp615) of Homo sapiens angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), transcript variant 2 (NM_021804), with H374N, H378N point mutation, and a Human IgG1 Fc tag.
Cat #: LTP-V005
Host: Human cells
RefSeq: NM_021804; NP_068576; UniProt#: Q9BYF1; GeneID: 59272;
Molecular Weight: 97.8 kDa
Applications: Antigens, Western, ELISA and other in vitro binding or in vivo functional assays, and protein-protein interaction studies; For research & development use only!
Background: The protein encoded by this gene belongs to the angiotensin-converting enzyme family of dipeptidyl carboxydipeptidases and has considerable homology to human angiotensin 1 converting enzyme. This secreted protein catalyzes the cleavage of angiotensin I into angiotensin 1-9, and angiotensin II into the vasodilator angiotensin 1-7. The organ- and cell-specific expression of this gene suggests that it may play a role in the regulation of cardiovascular and renal function, as well as fertility. In addition, the encoded protein is a functional receptor for the spike glycoprotein of the human coronaviruses SARS and HCoV-NL63. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008].
Quantity: 50ug, >Endotoxin level is < 0.1 ng/µg of protein (<1EU/µg)
Purity: >90% by SDS-PAGE gel and Coomassie Blue staining
Formulation: Purified protein formulated in a sterile solution of PBS buffer, pH7.2, without any preservatives
Download Data File:
Goal: To assess the binding of anti-SARS CoV-2 RBD mAb, hACE2 and SARS CoV-19-infected Patient Sera to S1 and RBD Proteins
Methods: Oriented Capture and Covalent Immobilization of Ligands
- SARS CoV-2 S1 Spike Protein – Polyhistidine Tagged (LifeTein Product LTP-V006);
- SARS CoV-2 RBD Protein – Polyhistidine Tagged (LifeTein Product LTP-V009);
- Recombinant hACE2, human IgG1 Fc-Tagged (LifeTein Product LTP-V003)
- Anti-SARS CoV-2 Spike RBD mAb: Active Motif (Ab-LTA003) from COVID-19 patients who have cleared the virus. Patient serum IgG sequenced and expressed as full-length IgG1 with human immunoglobulin heavy and light chains in mammalian 293 cells
- Patient serum samples from COVID-19
- Normal Human Pooled Serum (NHPS)
Binding of hACE2 to S1 and RBD Proteins. The low binding of S1 and hACE2 could be caused by the closed SARS-CoV-2 S1 trimer.
Reference: Walls et al., 2020, Cell 180, 281–292, April 16, 2020, https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(20)30262-2.pdf
Binding of anti-SARS CoV-2 mAb (Ab-LTA003) to S1 and RBD Proteins
- hACE2 binds strongly to RBD and slightly to S1
- mAb (Ab-LTA003) binds strongly to RBD but not to S1
- Normal Human Pooled Serum does not bind to RBD or S1 (Data not shown)
- Human Sera from SARS CoV-19 infected patients (PCR-confirmed) bind to RBD and minimally to S1 (Data not shown)
- The low binding of S1 and hACE2 could be caused by the closed SARS-CoV-2 S1 trimer
The S1 RBD binds to the ACE2 enzyme, using the Fc only as a negative control, which the RBD did not bind to. The assay was performed with an ELISA, detecting the RBD with streptavidin HRP.