- Design a biotin-labeled peptide library: overlapping or Alanine scan
- The peptide library is coated on the avidin coated 96 well plates.
- Peptide library is used to evaluate the binding of each peptide to different cell lines using CyQUANT Cell Proliferation Assays.
- Flow cytometry: Determine the cellular uptake of selected FITC-labeled peptides.
- Competitive assay: The cells are incubated with FITC-peptide with or without excess unlabeled peptide (100-fold)
- Finetune the peptide sequence: structure analysis, cyclization, and D amino acid modification.
- Find the promising receptor specific cancer cell binding peptide that can be conjugated directly to a chemotherapeutic drug or to nanoparticles for targeted drug delivery to enhance the efficacy of chemotherapy for cancer treatment.