The SARS-CoV-2 virus (a.k.a. 2019-nCoV; disease: COVID-19) is responsible for the plague year of 2020. The Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna mRNA vaccines have now been approved for emergency use and more are coming down the pipeline.
The best vaccine should be high safety, low cost, and ease of production and administration. This paper described an interesting citizen-science vaccine based on synthetic peptides.
Synthetic peptide synthesis provides the freedom to design epitopes of sufficient length for immunogenic stimulation but predicted not to trigger these serious side effects. Synthetic peptides are inexpensive and can be made to order quickly. Many simple linear epitopes can be generated without special conformational constraints. The peptide antigens can be delivered by nanoparticles intranasally.
The following peptide sequences were chosen as self-administered vaccines at about 5 to 7 micrograms of each peptide per dose of vaccine.
The samples are for Research Use
Only or Investigational Use Only.
- #1 Spike 802-823: FSQCLPDPSKPSKRSFCEDLLF
- #2 Spike 660: YECDIPIGAGICASYQTQTNSPRRA
- #3 Spike 1145: LDSFKEELDKYFKNHTSP
- #4 Nuc 100-120: KMKDLSPRWYFYYLGTGPEAG
- #5 Nuc 321-345: GMEVTPSGTWLTYTGAIKLDDKDPN
- #6 Nuc 359T: AYKTFPPTEPK
- #7 Orf1 1636T: HTTDPSFLGRY
- #8 Orf8 117T: DFLEYHDVRVVL
- #9 Orf1 5471T: KLSYGIATVR
- #10 Nuc 263T: ATKAYNVTQAFGRRG
- #11 Spike 21: RTQLPPAYTNSFTRGVYYPDK
- #12 Nsp7 21T: RVESSSKLWAQCVQLH
- #13 Spike 442-460: DSKVGGNYNYLYRLFRKSN