The SARS-CoV-2 virus (a.k.a. 2019-nCoV; disease: COVID-19) is responsible for the plague year of 2020. The Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna mRNA vaccines have now been approved for emergency use and more are coming down the pipeline.
The best vaccine should be high safety, low cost, and ease of production and administration. This paper described an interesting citizen-science vaccine based on the synthetic peptides.
Synthetic peptide synthesis provides the freedom to design epitopes of sufficient length for immunogenic stimulation but predicted not to trigger these serious side effects. Synthetic peptides are inexpensive and can be made to order quickly. Many simple linear epitopes can be generated without special conformational constraints. The peptide antigens can be delivered by nanoparticles intranasally.
The following peptide sequences were chosen as self-administered vaccine at about 5 to 7 micrograms of each peptide per dose of vaccine.
- Spike 436-460, a.k.a. Spike1, NSNNLDSKVGGNYNYLYRLFRKSN
- Spike 462-476, KPFERDISTEIYQAd
- Spike 478-502, kPCNGVEGFNCYFPLQSYGhQPTNG
- Spike 550-574cir, cgLTESNKKFLPFQQgGRDIADTcD
- Spike 375cir, cSrdYNSASFSTFKsYGVSPTKcND
- Spike 522cir, CGPKKSTNLVKNKsVNFNFNcd
- Spike 804-820cir, cILPDPSKPSKRSFcgD
- Spike 802-823cir, FSQcLPDPSKPSKRSFcEDLLF
- Orf1ab 1544-1564cir (non-circularized), cFHLDGEVITFDNLKTLLSLREct
- Spike 462-501, KPeERDgSTEIYQAGSTPCNGVEGFNCYFPLQSYGFQPTN
Order your testing sample peptides from here: https://www.lifetein.com/peptide-product/peptide-vaccine-testing-samples-p-11049.html